Delhi is the central capital city of India and besides it is also one of the oldest cities of India which was rich in heritage and culture. A major city that provides high quality educational facilities and very advancement, learning systems, Delhi is also known for the large number of vast community of student population that have made it their destination from other parts of India. There are large numbers of Universities in Delhi that cater to these students.
Delhi has four Central Universities, five state universities and also eleven Deemed Universities. Of the Central Universities in Delhi, there is an Open University, which is considered to have the largest enrolment of students in the world. Delhi also has an International University which has been established by the SAARC Nations which is the South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation.
- The Institute of National Importance includes those like the IITs and the AIIMS. Besides these institutes there are the two other institutes, of which one for Agriculture and related areas of study and the other is for Foreign Studies.
- Delhi has its own technological university under which all the engineering colleges, the colleges of technology the other technical institutes function.
- There are more than one Universities in Delhi dedicated to the study of law and all the universities have a number of law colleges under it.
- One of the Universities in Delhi is one of its kind in India as it is very unique in the courses. It offers environmental studies and related subjects in both undergraduate and postgraduate studies. It also provided research facilities to students.
- Among the various Universities in Delhi there is one university that caters to the study of the Sanskrit language and literature.
- There are dedicated Universities in Delhi for the study of Architecture, planning and teacher education. Al these universities sin Delhi offer courses in the undergraduate and postgraduate levels along with research facilities in the respective fields of study.