Bihar is a state in the Eastern Region of India and has been the center of learning and education since ancient times. Bihar is home to one of the oldest universities in the country which was established in the year 1917. Today it is one of the leading Universities in Bihar and is managed by the state.
The Universities in Bihar can be categorized as State University, Central Universities and Deemed Universities. There is also an International University in Bihar.
Universities in Bihar
There are many engineering, technology, medical and law college that are affiliated to most of the State Universities in Bihar.
Must Read Universities in Bihar
The two agricultural Universities in Bihar impart education in agriculture and related areas of study. Besides agricultural colleges affiliated to these universities colleges for horticulture, veterinary colleges, colleges for dairy technology are also available.
A state university for law is made available for legal studies with a number of Law colleges imparting undergraduate and postgraduate degrees are affiliated to it.
Special Universities in Bihar
Some of the dedicated universities located in Bihar include:
- Universities in Bihar for specific languages
- A Deemed university for Yoga and related subjects
- A Deemed university for Buddhism
- A University of National Importance extends studies in engineering and technology and has a number of engineering and other technological colleges affiliated to it.
- The International University has a number of students from other countries enrolling in religion and language courses apart form sculpture, history, linguistics and the architecture. Besides, the university also imparts education in medicine, public health and related subjects, astronomy and metallurgy. The university offers postgraduate degrees only.
- The general Universities in Bihar impart education in Arts, science and commerce courses apart from management and other professional courses.
- The Open University in Bihar facilities education offering both undergraduate and postgraduate courses.