Orissa or Odisha as it is now referred to, lies in the Eastern region of India,
and was one of the most ancient centres of learning where knowledge and learning
thrived for ages. Today too, it is one of the well-established centres of learning
with many Universities in Orissa offers various courses in multiple disciplines
Orissa today is enriched with a number of institutes of National importance which
have raised the level of the education in the state. They include the IIT, AIIMS,
NIT, and the National Institute of Science Education and research and another for
training and research.
Besides, there are many Central Universities in Orissa offers courses in anthropology,
conservation of resources and journalism, mass communication and other general courses
State Universities in Orissa
The large number of Universities in Orissa conduct courses in many disciplines and
besides the general courses they include:
- There is a Law unviesterity dedicated to the study of law and other related legal
studies. All the law colleges in the state are affiliated with this university.
- The State university for technology and architecture and management
- The State university for general studies, law, management and technology
- The State university of agriculture is one of the oldest in the country
- One of the State Universities in Orissa is dedicated to the research programs in
different fields besides teaching and education.
- Some of the State Universities in Orissa offer a large number of postgraduate courses
and research programs.
- There are a number of State medical Universities in Orissa, which are recognized
by the Medical council of India but functions under the State Government of Orissa.
Most of the medical colleges in the region are affiliated with one of these medical
Deemed Universities in Orissa.
There are two deemed Universities in Orissa one of which offers course’s in Medicine
and related areas of study.
Private Universities in Orissa.
A private university is located in Orissa which offers highly advanced courses based
on industrial engineering and technology.