Theology is the study of diving aspects. It deals with the aspects of religion and
God. The person who study and research in the discipline, is called Theologian.
Most of these theologians understand the traditions of their own religion; propagate
those traditions and culture of the religion and also defend the traditions from
the critical aspects. Yet, few find the sights of divinity with no reference of
Several courses are offered in the discipline.
Courses offered and the eligibility criteria:
- Certificate course in Theology: Passing in 10th or equivalent
- Diploma in Theology: Passing in 10+2
- Post Graduate Diploma in Vastu Shastra: Graduation in any of the discipline from
a recognized university
- Post Graduate Diploma in Pandulipi and Puralipi Vigyan: Graduation in any of the
discipline from a recognized university
- Post Graduate Diploma in Karmkand and Paurohitya: Graduation in any of the discipline
from a recognized university
- Bachelor of Theology: Passing in 10+2. Few need passing in 10th or equivalent and
completion of the admission course.
- Bachelor of Divinity: Passing in 10+2
- Bachelor of Missions: Passing in 10+2
- Bachelor of Ministry: Passing in 10+2
- Master of Theology: Bachelor of Theology
- Master of Theology in Missions: Bachelor of Theology or equivalent
- Master of Theology in New Testament: Bachelor of Theology or equivalent
- Master of Theology in Religions: Bachelor of Theology or equivalent
- Master of Ministry: Bachelor of Ministry or equivalent
- Ph.D. (Theology): Master’s degree in Theology
Few of the courses are offered in distance mode.
The courses provide number of career opportunities.
One may work in Ministry or missionaries, schools, colleges, holy places like temples,
mosques and churches, administrative offices of temples, mosques or churches, charity
management, tourism companies, publishing houses, holy organizations etc.
- Teacher/ Lecturer/ Professor
- Article writer/ journalist/ columnist/Editor
- Pastor or Priest
- Program Administrator in Non Profit Organizations or Religious Organizations
- Social Worker
- Vasthu Expert
One can be religious teacher in any of the related schools and institutes. The master
degree and the higher study like Ph.D. is the eligibility for being professor. The
payment is equal to any other subject. The minimum pay to a lecturer is Rs.10000/-
and above. The opportunities are found in both government and non government organizations.
One can be either a preacher in holy places or an individual preacher who roam and
preach. One can earn minimum Rs. 5000/- per month.
One can be writer/journalist/columnist/Editor of any of the religious magazines
or new papers. Translating the holy books, working in tourist companies are the
other options of employment.
Working in religious channels of Television is also another option. Many shows are
telecasted related to traditions and customs of the religions. One can be editor,
program director, anchor etc in the media. The payment may be program basis or monthly
basis. Rs.5000/- per month can be assured.
For the enthusiasts, the discipline is a good option that provides self satisfaction
as well as good career options.