Chandigarh is the capital city of two states Punjab and Haryana. It lies in the Northern region and is a Union Territory under the Government of India. It is the first planned city in India In the post-independence period.
Vast Educational Opportunities:
Some of the educational institutions are privately owned while there are also many government Colleges in Chandigarh. Most of these Colleges in Chandigarh come under the Punjab University. There are many Colleges in Chandigarh that have been given the deemed university status.
Affiliation, Admission and Eligibility for Colleges in Chandigarh:
Most of the Colleges in Chandigarh are affiliated to the Punjab University and the Punjab technical university, the board for technical education and the others are all privately managed. The eligibility is a pass in +2 for engineering and medicine and also a rank in the Entrance examination. For Post graduate studies eligibility is a Bachelor’s degree.
Read About Colleges in Chandigarh
Disciplines and Courses offered in Chandigarh:
Besides the postgraduate education in most of the Arts, science and commerce disciplines there are many Colleges in Chandigarh that offer medical and engineering studies. Some of the educational institutions that are available in Chandigarh include:
The Medical Colleges in Chandigarh
Engineering Colleges in Chandigarh
Women’s Education in Chandigarh:
Special Colleges in Chandigarh cater to the women of Chandigarh and they include:
- The Government engineering college
- Privately owned Women’s Colleges in Chandigarh offering Arts science and Commerce disciplines of study
- Government home science college
Some of the Other Colleges in Chandigarh Include
- There are two architecture Colleges in Chandigarh one of which is affiliated to the Punjab University and the other to the Punjab Technical University.
- A number of Management colleges offer Management courses
- Privately managed Law Colleges are also available