Dadra and Nagar Haveli is a Union Territory in the Western region of India. Though there are a number of colleges functioning under the government as well as private institutions, there are no Universities in Dadra and Nagar Haveli. That is why the government is taking all steps to ensure that the state becomes self – sufficient in having its own universities and students do not need to migrate to other nearby states seeking higher education. Even private organisations have initiated processes by which they can set up Universities in Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
In spite of the Union Territory being in the developing stage, there are a number of colleges that have been established to provide higher educational facilities in the region and they include:
- A Polytechnic offering vocational and many technical courses to students who can enrol in it with their 10th standard examination pass certification.
- The only well –established colleges in Dadra and Nagar Haveli has various schools under which a number of disciplines are offered which is affiliated to the University of Pune.
- Their college of education offers diploma and undergraduate courses in Education and teacher training programs
- The college of Pharmacy provides pharmacy and related subject in which degree and Masters Courses are conducted.
- There general colleges which offers courses in Arts, Sciences and Commerce courses besides engineering disciplines like Electronics and Para –medical courses like Microbiology.
- A number of private computer training institutes make students computer literate and equip with high level computer skills in both software and hardware.
- A college in Silvassa the administrative capital of Dadra and Nagar Haveli, offers courses in various disciplines which include Arts, Science, and Commerce. The college is affiliated to the University of Gujarat.
- A recent development is the establishment of the Hotel Management College which is affiliated to the National Council For Hotel Management.