Arunachal Pradesh is one "seven sisters" states lying on the North –Eastern Region of India. Though still in its development stage Arunachal Pradesh is surging ahead well in towards holistic education for its citizens and today a number of colleges and Universities in Arunachal Pradesh have been established. The efforts extended by both the Central as well as the State Governments in promoting education in the hilly state of Arunachal Pradesh is by establishing colleges and Universities in Arunachal Pradesh is proving to be a boon to the local student community as they do not need to travel to other more developed states for higher level educations. Arunachal Pradesh has an institute of National Important, the National Institute of Technology established in 2010. A number of NGOs also have extended their efforts in improving the level of higher education in the state of Arunachal Pradesh.
Some of the important Universities in Arunachal Pradesh include:
- Important Universities in Arunachal Pradesh offer general studies in Arts, Science and Commerce disciplines for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. This is a Central University and is under the Government of India.
- A Science and Technology deemed University in Arunachal Pradesh offers degrees in engineering and technology courses.
- A medical University in Arunachal Pradesh conducts courses in Medicine, nursing, and other paramedical courses. The University is a privately managed one, but is accredited by the NAAC and recognized by the UGC.
- The state has its own university which is one of the Universities in Arunachal Pradesh that offer a large number of courses in general.
- There is an Open University in Arunachal Pradesh, which encourages students from the interior regions of the state to enroll and get their degrees.
Apart from the State Universities in Arunachal Pradesh, there is a deemed university and some private universities to which most of the colleges in Arunachal Pradesh are affiliated to.