What is IIIT?
IIIT stands for Indian Institute of Information Technology. The main focus of these institutes is on courses related to Information Technology though they also offer few other courses. Ministry of Human Resource Development funds and manages these institutes. These institutes are classified as per the funded organizations. Institutes funded by Central Government, Institutes funded by Public-private partnership and institutes that finance individually are the categories.
The institutes in Allahabad, Jabalpur, Gwalior, Kancheepuram are funded by Central Government and these institutes attained the recognition of Institutes of National Importance. The institutes in Una, Sri City, Guwahati, Kota, Vadodara, Trichy and few others are funded in the partnership of State Governments and Industries.
What are the educational programs in IIIT?
Bachelor, Master and Doctoral programs in Technology are the major programs of IIITs.
Usually Bachelor and Master’s Programs are offered in the disciplines Computer Science or Electronics and Communication Engineering in many of the IIITs. The integrated courses include Robotics, Stem Cell Engineering in few of the IIITs. Courses include theoretical and practical examinations as well as project work. This allows one to gather the comprehensive knowledge of the subject. The Master’s programs are offered by only few of the IIITs.
Why to choose IIIT education?
There are several reasons to take up IIIT education. Few of them are:
- Students from IIIT are recognized well and are offered top positions with high packages.
- Reputed companies including foreign companies offer positions with campus selections. Thus, one can be a job holder as soon as stepping out of the college
- Most of the colleges collaborate with foreign universities and institutes.
- Many IIITs promotes the innovative inventions of the students and file for patents.
- These institutes are famed for the quality of education that it is a prestigious issue to the talented students to get an admission in these institutes.
- Equal importance to the quality of education as well as cultural, social service and sports activities. These provide all round personality development to the students.
- Organization of festivals enhances the organization, communication and management skills besides instilling team spirit.
- Alumni of the colleges include celebrities and great personalities.
- These colleges stood in top ranks in countrywide as well as worldwide.
When to plan the career?
The eligibility criterion to a Bachelor degree in engineering is passing in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Most of the IIITs take admissions through Joint Entrance Exam (JEE). Yet, few conduct self admission test and consider JEE score during the admission.
Hence, one can start planning for the career after class 10 or class 12. Yet, there is even opportunity to the students to jump into technology programs at Master’s degree level. The students holding Master’s degree in Science or Mathematics or Statistics or Computers are also eligible for the Master program in technology. GATE is considered for the admission in Master of Technology in IIITs. Entrance test or interview is the procedure for the admission.
For the management programs, Common Admission Test (CAT) score is considered for the admission. The admission procedure includes entrance test, interview and group discussion.
For Ph.D. students need to enroll after attaining the degree in the stream.
What after the degree from IIT?
The area of the opportunities is found in good number for the IIIT students. Software companies, e-commerce companies, consultancy servicing companies are the major recruiters of the field.
Google, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, Wipro, Cisco, Facebook, McAfee, Snapdeal, Amazon, Yahoo, Walmart Labs etc are the major recruiters.
The roles are also found in Government bodies like Indian Navy, Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL), National Aeronautical Lab (NAL), Civil Aviation Department, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Defence Research and Development Laboratories (DRDL), Bharat Electronics, HIL, BCPL, CBEC, ILBS, CRWC etc.