About the ATIT Exam: Admission Test for ICFAI Tech (ATIT) is the All India Admission Test conducted by The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), Hyderabad for students seeking admission into their engineering courses. The ATIT aims to test the aptitude of the students seeking admission into the 4 year B Tech Program offered by the institute. ATIT 2016 was offered as both a computer based test or written offering the candidate an option at the time of application.
- Must have passed Class 12 or equivalent with a minimum 60% aggregate
- Must have secured passing marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) and English subjects.
Final year students of Class XII or its equivalent awaiting examination results may also apply.
The University outlines a detailed set of topics across the area of coverage of the aptitude test - Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English. The list is available at http://www.icfaiuniversity.in/atit/icfai_BTech_Application_2016.pdf
Some of the topics covered include:
Physics: Electrostatics, Current electricity, Magnetic effects of current, Electromagnetic induction and AC, Electromagnetic waves, Optics, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Atoms and nuclei, Electronic devices, Communication systems
Chemistry: Solid state, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Organic compounds, Chemical kinetics, Surface chemistry, General principles and processes of elements, P-block elements, D and f block elements, Haloalkenes and haloarenes, Alcohol, phenol and ethers, Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acid, Biomolecules, Polymers
Mathematics: Relations and functions, Algebra, Calculus, Vector and 3-D geometry, Linear programming, Probability
English Comprehension: Passages, Grammar, Editing/Omitting, Active/ Passive Voice, Articles, Prepositions, Verbs, Modals, Idioms and Phrases, Antonyms/Synonyms, Spotting Error and using appropriate word, Sentence sequencing
An aspirant can opt for either of the 2 methods to apply: Offline (pen and paper based) and Online (computer based)
- Candidates must download the ATIT 2016 application form from the website
- They must send the filled in ATIT 2016 application through speed post or courier along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 700 in favor of “IFHE A/c ATIT” payable at Hyderabad to the correspondence address
- They have to pay the ATIT 2016 application fee of Rs. 700 by Credit/Debit Card (Visa/Master Card/Citibank Card)
- Candidates must attach their scanned colour photograph online.
The last date to receive applications is generally in the month of April. Test is conducted in the month of May with the declaration of results towards the end of the month with centres across the country.
- Duration of the exam is 2 hours
- Candidates are tested across the subjects of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English
- Questions are of objective type and in multiple choice format
- There will be 30 questions in each of the core subjects of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as well as 30 questions in English
The test is conducted across both the online and offline method with the format remaining the same.