Social Science is about the social life of human beings. It is rather necessity to know about the relationship individual and the society. The social science includes the other disciplines like human geography, anthropology, economics, linguistics, sociology, psychology, law, political science etc. The discipline utilizes various techniques and methodologies to understand the society.
The courses aim women, tribal studies youth etc. along with the umbrella term social science. The subjects that come under the stream helps for the particular section to understand them and widen the options of development in the section.
Courses offered and the eligibility criteria for Social Science
- Certificate in Empowering Women through Self Help Groups: Passing in 10+2 or equivalent
- Certificate in Women’s Empowerment and Development: Passing in 10+2 or equivalent
- Post Graduate Diploma in Tribal Culture and Culture: Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent
- Post Graduate Diploma in Tribal Culture Development: Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent
- B.A. (Social Science): Passing in 10+2 or equivalent
- B.A. (Women Stdies): Passing in 10+2 or equivalent
- M.A. (Hons.) Social Science: Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent
- M.A.(women’s studies): Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent
- M.A. (Youth Empowerment): Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent
- Ph.D. (Social Sciences): Master’s in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent
- Ph.D. (Tribal Studies): Master’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent
Read about Social Science Courses
Most of the courses are also offered in distance mode. The courses cover the topics like political theory, agricultural development, Human Resource Management, Finance and Marketing management, economic relations with foreign countries, international law etc.
Career options for Social Science Courses
One does have many career options to choose from the discipline. The major fields that one from the stream can enter are:
- Human Resourcing
- Women Welfare Organizations
- Tribal Welfare Organization
- Psychology management
- Environmental planning
- Customer Relation Management
- Social work organizations
- Mass Media
The job roles that could be offered to the social science students are:
- Teacher/ Lecturer/ Professor
- Human Geologist
- Human Resourcing Manager
- Public Relation Officer
- Social Science Business Researcher
- Content Writer
Government or Non Government Administrative Departments: Social Science covers most of the Administrative techniques that the person of the discipline is eligible for the Administrative Departments in Government and Private Organizations. The one who wishes to settle in the government job may also choose state government or local government administrative organizations.
Teaching is another major option. The teachers are recruited for the subject Social Science. B.Ed. and passing in TET or CTET are the requirements for the School teacher. Post graduation as well as passing in the National Eligibility Test (NET) is the requirement for attaining lectureship. Passing in NET with good score also provides the chance to gain the Fellowship. Ph.D. holders are recruited as Associate Professors, Professors, Readers and Registrars.
Pay / Salary for Social Science Courses
The discipline guarantees minimum earnings of Rs.5000/- per month to a fresh graduate. The government jobs offer moderate salaries.
The stream enhances one’s understanding strategy towards the society and the individuals as well as provides better employment opportunities.