Police Administration courses possess the aim of the courses in the name itself. The courses basically detail about the principles of police administration, Indian Constitution, police personnel administration, jail administration, criminal procedure code etc. The main motto behind introducing these courses is to make the participants of the program to comprehend and appreciate police administration from the perspective of citizens.
These courses are aimed to expose the aspirants to the contemporary changes that took place world-wide, nation-wide and also in the local areas and the possible implications of these changes for the police administration. The courses also help to attain knowledge regarding different aspects of police administration.
Courses offered and the eligibility criteria
Read about Police Administration Courses
- Diploma in Police Administration: Graduation from a recognized university is the eligibility for the one year program
- Post Graduate Diploma in Criminology and Police Administration: Graduation from a recognized university is the eligibility for the one year program
- B.A. in Police Administration: Passing in 10+2 from a recognized board is the eligibility for the 3 years course
- M.A. Police Administration: Graduation from a recognized university is the eligibility for the two years program
- M.A. Criminology and Police Administration: Graduation from a recognized university is the eligibility for the two years program
- M.B.A. (Police Administration Management) : Graduation from a recognized university is the eligibility for the two years program
- M.Phil. (Police Administration): Master’s Degree in Police Administration is the eligibility. The admission is through the admission test
- Ph.D. in Police Administration: Master’s Degree in Police Administration is the eligibility. The admission is through the admission test
Few of the courses are also offered in distance mode also.
Career prospect for Police Administration Courses
The candidates who are qualified are eligible for the direct recruitment in the police departments of various states and Union Territories and also for various para-military forces like BSF, CISR, CRPF, GRPF, and ITBP.
The major fields that provide the opportunity for the students of the discipline are Police department, Detection, Firearms, Forensic Department, Traffic Administration Department, Indian Civil Services, Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Banks and Transportation Departments.
The major job roles are:
- Indian Administrative Service Officer
- Indian Police Service Officer
- Traffic Police
- Drug and Contamination Inspector
- Police officer
- Crime Lab Scientist
- Security Management Officer
- Professor/Asst. Professor
The higher education like Ph.D. enables one to be Professor or Asst. Professor. National Eligibility Test (NET) enables the lectureship. The one who is mastered in Police Administration is eligible for Criminology in NET exam.
For few of the job roles, physical fitness is must. These courses also help the existing police personnel for the promotion purpose.
Pay / Scale for Police Administration Courses
The minimum pay to the government officer is Rs.20,000/- and above per month. The higher qualification and experience brings more to the pocket in the private sector.
The discipline is the prospective discipline with a constant aim of teaching the police administrative techniques which is rather useful in implying in many other sectors. Thus the number of aspirants opting for the stream is increasing gradually.