Every one of the society has the right to have a genuine product of what he is paying
for. It may be food, manufactured product or machinery. Because of many reasons-
like intentionally reducing the quality, technical failures, lack of knowledge or
negligence, the product may not reach the consumer with the requisite quality. This
necessitated a qualified person to give assurance regarding the quality of a product.
Particularly, health care industries like cosmetics, food supplements, pharmaceutical,
biotechnology etc., have more requirement of the expertise Quality Assurance Person.
Thus, the demand to the course is increasing day by day.
Activities of the Quality Assurance:
- Defining the quality standard
- Estimating the possible problems and the methods of fixation
- Using quality testing tools and techniques to check whether the product meets the
- Assisting in the calibration of the mechanism
- Ensuring the quality, safety and reliability
- Possessing the knowledge of Quality Certifications, norms and regulations of Government
and other popular standards like ISO, BIS, CMM etc.
- Inspections and Audits
- Dealing with internal and external quality of the product
- Case studies
The quality assurance deals totally with the process and prevention of errors earlier
than finished product.
- Certificate course in Quality Assurance
- Diploma in Quality Engineering
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance and Regulatory affairs
- Post Graduate Diploma in Quality Management
- Industry Program in Pharma Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Post Graduation Diploma in Dairy and Food Assurance
- B.Sc. Food Technology and Quality Assurance
- B.Tech. (Quality Assurance)
- M.Pharm.(Quality Assurance and Pharm regulatory affairs)
- M.Sc. (Food Science and Quality Control)
Most of the Diploma courses are available in distance, correspondence and e-learning
modes also. The eligibility to the Diploma and Bachelor courses is passing in 10+2
and to Post Graduation is a Bachelor Degree in the stream.
Pharmaceutical and biologics companies, Cosmetic companies, Food production companies,
Food supplement production companies, bio-technology companies are the major recruiters.
As every company must meet the standards, the demand to the professionals in the
field is increasing rapidly.
Government bodies like Ministry of Defence recruit the personnel for Quality Assurance
posts through UPSC.
The major job titles are
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Product Quality Assurance Technician
- Quality Specialist
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Supervisor of Quality Assurance
- Quality surveyors
- Quality Control Inspectors
- Quality Analysts
The one who wants to pursue the career must be good in analyzing with processing
and management skills besides technological and risk management skills.
The teaching is another edge of the job prospect. Being a lecturer or Professor
in the related institutes or colleges is the option of the side. The Post Graduation
or Doctoral Program in the stream enables one to enter the teaching field.
The payment to a fresh graduate of the stream ranges from 10,000 and above. The
seniority and experience is rewarded better.
The rewarding career in the field is attracting many aspirants and driving to choose
it as career path.