The paper and pulp industry is usually responsible for manufacturing paper by using
the pulp of wood as its raw material. Apart from paper the industry also manufactures
products like board and pulp used for many other purposes besides paper and board.
Today this is one of the leading industries in which there are many job opportunities.
A large number of students are taking up higher studies and professional studies
to look out for career options in Paper and pulp industries.
Career Option in Paper & Pulp Eligibility
The Career options in Paper & Pulp can be realized by undertaking studies and degrees
in the following areas of study which include:
- A B.Tech / BE, degree in Paper & Pulp Engineering leading to a Masters in the same
area of study
- An Engineering Degree in Wood Science and Technology leading to a Masters in the
same area of study
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Paper and Pulp technology
Students completing their Masters in Paper & Pulp technology can further their career
prospects by taking up research in a specialized area of study in the subject.
Career Option in Paper & Pulp Required Skills
There are various levels of jobs in the Paper & Pulp industry and depending on the
level the skill requirements would differ.
- For a worker in the Paper and Pulp industry a high school certificate would suffice.
- A technician in the Paper & Pulp industry would need to have a diploma or a certification
in Paper and Pulp technology
- For a Paper & Pulp Engineer, however an engineering degree is mandatory which is
a BTech / BE, degree in Paper & Pulp Engineering or a degree in Wood Science and
- Apart from the educational skills, other skills would include, computer literacy
and the use of the various software in the production process of paper and pulp.
- Communication skills as working in a team is possible.
- Leadership and team management skills which will give an impetus to the position
of the team leader to further improve the job prospects.
How to Become a Paper & Pulp Technologist?
To become a, Paper & Pulp Technologist, besides the required qualifications the
candidate must take up an apprenticeship or be on probation for a specific period
of time, on completion of the courses related to the paper and pulp technology.
Career Option in Paper & Pulp Job Description
The job of a technologist combines engineering and manufacturing processes in an
industry that is specific to paper and pulp. Production, quality control, organizational
behavior, Recruitment, and Organizational health are some of the areas that the
professionals in the industry need to be familiar about.
Career Option in Paper & Pulp Career Prospects
The career prospects for a Paper & Pulp Technologist is quite high as there are
many related industries that need the specific qualification and is not limited
to the paper and pulp industries.
Career Option in Paper & Pulp Salary
Today most Paper & Pulp Technologist earn a lucrative salary along with a lot of
perks, it would depend on the kind of qualification and the level at which the individual