The formal type writer’s usage has been gradually come down by the advancement of
computers in various fields. The data in varies fields are filled up or managed
through computer, which can be used with better facilities. Thus, DEO (Data Entry
Operator) is an essential post in every institution including the Government bodies.
So, opting the field as career has become a right choice for many of the students.
- Usually the expected educational qualification is 10 + 2, particularly for government
bodies. Few private organizations consider 10th or equivalent.
- The knowledge of Type Writing – that improves the speed of typing and facilitates
- Expertise in MS-Word and MS-Excel.
- A diploma from a recognized institute is must for few government sectors.
A possession of degree and the knowledge of English help to make better opportunities.
Most of the Government bodies require experience in the relevant field.
What are expected in the work?
The expected work differs from each organization. Few expect only editing or processing
the data. Few may expect Document and Data management. Data conversion or Document
Imaging may the requirement of some other.
Comparing with other courses, it is fact that less institutes and universities offer
courses in this field. Yet, the certificate and crash courses are offered by few
of the institutes. Few are -
- National Institute of open schooling,
- Diksha Institute of Information Technology, Rohtak , Haryana
- Computer Based Society for Education, Bhilai
- ALMA, Indore
- VSkills, Delhi
These courses are available in the cost of 3000/- around with the time span of 3
months to 1 year.
Scope of career:
The institutes like schools, hospitals, financial institutes, Human Resourcing companies,
IT companies, Servicing companies, business solution companies etc. possess a position
of the field.
The positions are –
- Data Entry Operator
- Back office executive
- Data Moderator
- Data analyst
- Operations executive
- Documentation Assistant
- Computer Operator
Many companies provide the advantage of work from home, which enables many people
who wish to work from home to handle career as well as household chores. Online
and offline works also enables to work as part time. Many students prefer earning
through part-time jobs to support themselves. Data Entry jobs shall be good option
The pay ranges from 6000/- to 20000/- in the private organizations. The Government
pay starts from 7000/- per month. Offline works or work from home usually fills
the pocket with 5000/- or even more per month.
- A degree in Computer stream
- Practicing interpretation of data to make it faster
- Following the shortcuts in MS Office to speed up the work
- A related advanced educational course or supplementary courses like DTP also help
to step further.
For the hard workers the career is the best opportunity to start earning right from
the college stage. It can be chosen as self-employment. Not only students, house
wives and retired employs also can choose it as a full time or part time employment
to support their pocket.